Information & Pre/Post Care Instructions
All cosmetic tattooing procedures are multi session processes and will require a touch up after 4-8 weeks. In rare cases some individuals may require more than one touch up to get desired results.
Be prepared for the colour intensity after your procedure to be significantly darker and more prominent than what is expected until your skin heals. It takes roughly 7-10 days for the outer layer of your skin to heal over, after this period you will notice the colour will soften and you may loose approximately 30-50% of colour. At your touch up the practitioner is then able to correctly assess the colour and make any adjustments required.
Anaesthetic is used before and during the treatment to ensure you are comfortable through the procedure, although you might feel minor discomfort at the start. You may purchase some over the counter anaesthetic from your local chemist (eg. Emla cream) and apply 30mins before your appointment to provide extra numbing. (recommended for people with a low pain tolerance)
Pre – Procedure Instructions
- Any waxing or tinting should be done at least 48hrs prior to procedure. (If no waxing has been carried out we will tweeze the eyebrows to tidy up your shape for best results)
- No mascara or eyelash extensions are to be worn with any eyeliner treatments. Extensions can not be applied until after the healing process is complete.
- Since the delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it is best not to make any social plans after the procedure. Please keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to these procedures. (Usually eyebrows do not swell)
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition.
- If you are having lip procedures and have a history of Cold Sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, you will be required to obtain the proper antiviral tablets by a prescription or over the counter to prevent an outbreak. (Take Lysine 5 days before your treatment, take a double dose on the day of and the day after treatment, then continue normal dosage for another 5 days). If tablets are not taken you can be at high risk of a break out, this will cause tattoo pigment to fall out in areas of sores. (Please note: it is recommended for everyone to take appropriate tablets before your treatment as most people already have this virus laying dormant in their body, even if you have not had a cold sore before this procedure puts you at high risk of a break out).
- Refrain from use of alcohol, Panadol, (aspirin- containing medications), ibuprofen, or other blood thinning medications for seven days before and two days after any procedure. No medications should ever be discontinued without consulting your Doctor.
- If you are ill, have recently had surgery/any medical treatments or a planning a surgery in the near future it is not recommended to have any cosmetic tattooing treatment until you are fully healed as your immune system is compromised and can affect your healing process leaving unwanted results.
Post Procedure Instructions
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, wind, tanning beds, hot water, saunas, salt water, pool water for at least 7-10 days following the procedure.
- Do not use any soaps, cleansers or moisturizers or makeup in the pigmented area until it is completely healed. You may continue to use these products on the rest of your face but make sure you are careful to apply around the treated area.
- Do not touch, rub or traumatize the pigments area. Do not pick, peel or scratch your healing skin as you may cause uneven healing of pigment, or you may risk infection or scarring.
- You will be instructed to use an antiseptic aftercare cream for 7-10 days while the treated area is healing, this will help the skin stay moist to ensure the area heals up well, and helps prevent any infection
Please note: You will receive an after care form at your appointment with full post- care instructions for you to take home.
A skin test patch is offered upon request. However, an allergic reaction to pigments/dyes can occur immediately after or manifest years later whether or not skin test patch is preformed. Allergic Reactions are extremely rare.
Please follow the above instructions to achieve the best results.